In need of some help and advise???

Post your comments & questions

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

LTX_OUTLAW

In need of some help and advise???

Post by LTX_OUTLAW » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:38 pm

well here we go the past few weeks i have been in contact with a seller from this link

http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/parts-s ... ut-875674/

I bought 3 parts from him

1. The front and rear sway bars
2. The level 2 springs
3. The SLP upgraded rear end

I verified the GM p/n on the sway bars and the were a perfect match 32mm front and 19mm rear then I looked up the p/n's for the front and rear springs (F 22077195)(R 22077420) it turns out they were not the level 2 springs so whats springs came on the 96-97 SS and WS6?and why would these be on a SS? so now I was wondering about the rear end if it was really from a 96 SS so I took some pics

I was a bit disappointed in the springs not being the ones I been looking for so I decided to pop the cover off to see what I got but the the sad thing is i never seen this diff before? the diff itself did not have any markings the ring gear had this p/n 12.41-26050890 and the pinion gear had 26050889-12.41-gm-7-5/8 can anyone confirm what gear set this is? does anyone recognize this diff? and if so is this the upgraded SLP unit that should have came in the 96-97 SS?

Once any advise or info on this setup would help me greatly thx
pics can be found at the link below

http://ltxtech.com/forums/showthread.ph ... post359168

96AZHAWK

Re: In need of some help and advise???

Post by 96AZHAWK » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:40 am

ok, the cover is definitely correct, and it is hard to tell from the pics, but it does look like a Torsen posi (worm gear style), which was the upgrade type for the LT1 cars. As far as gears, should just be GM gears and ratio would depend if it came from a manual or auto car.

It is possible the car had bilstein shocks that someone upgraded at some point, but did not originally come with the level 2 suspension as a whole or... someone changed out the springs and vs versa. Typically I have seen the rear end option WITH the suspension option as compared to seeing the suspension option sometimes without the rearend option. But that is just my personal experience.

gul123

Re: In need of some help and advise???

Post by gul123 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:34 am

It is possible the car had bilstein shocks that someone upgraded at some point, but did not originally come with the level 2 suspension as a whole or... someone changed out the springs and vs versa. Typically I have seen the rear end option WITH the suspension option as compared to seeing the suspension option sometimes without the rearend option. But that is just my personal experience.