Fuel Tank Help

Post your comments & questions

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

ShawnD

Fuel Tank Help

Post by ShawnD » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:18 am

The car I recently bought (95 Formula Firehawk) needs a fuel pump, and since it's been sitting for several years, I'm gonna assume that the tank is a little rusty, was trying to do a little research and can't find the answer, Can I put a plastic tank out of a 99 up in a 95, or should I just buy a new metal tank for the 95? Not really interested in a bunch of modding, but if it's a pretty simple swap, Then I'm all in! If you've got a link or anything, I would be more than happy to follow up, I'm just not googling the right words I guess, Thanks in advance for any help or insight!

slowbird780

Re: Fuel Tank Help

Post by slowbird780 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:15 am

Definitely alot of modding needed to do this and the fuel sender is different and a little different location. The charcoal canister filter is different. Not a direct swap by any means.

BLACK-HAWK

Post by BLACK-HAWK » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:01 pm

why do you think the tank is rusty? ... To save time and money I recommend the " Trap Door" for easy access to the fuel pump. With pneumatic sheers the entire job can take about 1 to 3 hours depending on how you reattach the 'door'. No it won't degrade the quality of the car, if anything it's an improvement.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modif ... -pics.html
2001#194 (Unicorn)

ShawnD

Post by ShawnD » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:15 pm

The car has been sitting 5 plus years, so at a minimum it's gotta be drained, I've done the trap door on previous birds and camaro's, I just don't want any problems down the road, thanks for the link, I started searching that website and there's a lot info, so I've already decided no plastic fuel tank, and I guess I might as well drop this thing and get it over with, I'll probably go ahead and do the trap door while the tank is out for future endeavors. Thanks guys!!!