Power Mirror motor

Post your comments & questions

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

rlafash

Power Mirror motor

Post by rlafash » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:46 am

How many motors does each power mirror have? Is there one for all movements or one for up and down and another for in and out? The right side mirror does not work at all; there is power to the electrical harness. The left side mirror will move in and out, not up and down. Are the motors accessible; are they replaceable/repairable?

BLACK-HAWK

Re: Power Mirror motor

Post by BLACK-HAWK » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:39 pm

Only thing I've found on Google searches is the entire mirror assembly. I didn't find anything specific to the motor/ actuating mechanism. My suggestion is to go old school and manually push the mirror to your desired position. That's what I did and my dad and his day before electric mirrors even existed.
2001#194 (Unicorn)

rlafash

Re: Power Mirror motor

Post by rlafash » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:33 am

Actually, at the age of seventy (70), much like your dad, most of my cars did, and do, have manual mirrors. I have done just as you suggest, that is, set the mirrors manually for myself. That's fine since I'm the only one who drives the car. My reason for asking about repair of the mirrors is that I'm one of those who believes that everything should work the way it was designed and how it worked when it was built. Can't teach an old dog new tricks!