Turn One Power Steering Pump

Post your comments & questions

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

NBrehm

Turn One Power Steering Pump

Post by NBrehm » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:44 am

I ponied up for one of these to replace the stocker on the Firehawk. It was $270.00 so not comically overprice compared to a "New" unit, but expensive nonetheless. I opted for the $80.00 Billet pulley as well bringing the total to $350.00. Obviously installation and function are pretty straight forward, but the appeal to me of the added cost was the advertised difference in steering feel, although it is supposed to also cool much better than the stock unit, but I will probably never be able to prove that. There is a noticeable heft and smoothness in the steering now compared to the stock overboosted unit. Is it worth $350? It is to me, I like it and the fact I will no longer have to deal with removing the damn stock pulley (the engineers were kind enough to put the P/S cooler right where the tool goes on) and I really like the way the steering feels. Now if I can just get a heftier wheel.....

http://www.turnone-steering.com/#!onlin ... y=12405744

-Nick
2001 Formula Firehawk #293

02 red hawk

Re: Turn One Power Steering Pump

Post by 02 red hawk » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:13 pm

Yep, we've all been there with ya. Brain dead engineers must thrive on designing crap that makes us cuss their existence. Wish I could drive your car to compare it to stock.

NBrehm

Re: Turn One Power Steering Pump

Post by NBrehm » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:00 pm

02 red hawk wrote: Wish I could drive your car to compare it to stock.
Come on up, drive it as much as you want ;-). I'm actually lucky because my father has an 02 TA so I could fiddle with them back to back. There is a definite difference if you have the opportunity to do so.
-Nick
2001 Formula Firehawk #293