To molest, perchance to dream...

Post your comments & questions

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

mikecronis

To molest, perchance to dream...

Post by mikecronis » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:59 pm

So I have an option to Procharge (D1SC or P1SC) and was wondering the forum's opinion if that would be a "molestation" or not? The kit supposedly comes with everything I need, though I'm questioning if it comes with a different fuel pump, I'd hate to fuel-starve the setup. I'm looking for 440 RWHp total, so a boost of about 5 or 6 PSI would probably suffice (P1SC) with the SLP Loudmouth installed and the necessary injectors for the added fuel-flow.

Mine is a 2002 so I'm at 345Hp plus whatever the LM is giving me, perhaps another 5 Hp.

The Procharger kit would remove the Blackhawk setup though as it takes up residence there.

I've been on LS1-Tech and am aware of the required tune as well. Not adding a cam-shaft. Would the 2002 fuel-pump handle #40-#60 injectors? I think they come with #28 for the final year.

Or... I might not. The SLP 70002 Bilstein kit is my first "modification" and perhaps SLP headers (which would help the Procharging of course).

Opinions? The internet is full of those. Might as well ask here.

PontiacFan

Re: To molest, perchance to dream...

Post by PontiacFan » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:11 pm

"Just Do It!", ..., 8)
But be forewarned, ..., modding is hard to stop, ..., :lol:
Headers should naturally go with it, ..., but with the LoudMouth you may find it overbearing. But to each their own, ...

And don't worry about the 'molestation' comments, ..., :roll:

Scott Chab

Post by Scott Chab » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:26 am

Do what you want with your car and don't worry about what anyone else thinks. The only Firehawk parts that will be left on my car after my build is done will be the hood and the dash plaque. Hell, outside of the body panels and most of the interior, the only other thing that'll be stock is the transmission.

It'll definitely need a tune, the fuel pump will handle the bigger injectors and definitely get headers if you go with a blower. The stock manifolds will be a huge restriction.
'94 Hawk #110
Back on the road helping me make bad decisions again

BLACK-HAWK

Post by BLACK-HAWK » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:38 am

"Can't be afraid to drive it"... I had my old 95 turbochargered and engine built.

2001#194 (Unicorn)

g.conway

Post by g.conway » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:14 pm

Personally I think everyone should modify there Firehawks. Well that is almost everyone.