SLP YPipe factory?

Post your comments & questions

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

sam

SLP YPipe factory?

Post by sam » Tue Dec 12, 2000 11:44 pm

I have a 1995 Firehawk which I recently bought. Is it true that this comes with the SLP Y-Pipe as from the factory?

Because I just bought a set of used SLP headers from this guy but they didn't include the Y-Pipe.

Hopefully I already have it on my car, and the headers should bolt right up?

Any info appreciated.

-Sam (Hawk #316)

Brian J. France

Re: SLP YPipe factory?

Post by Brian J. France » Fri Dec 15, 2000 12:04 am

If your 95 came with the performance exhaust then it has the y-pipe. I was told that it didn't when I ordered mine so I didn't get that options and found out later that it really did.

Brian

sam

Post by sam » Fri Dec 15, 2000 3:49 am

Thanks Brian,

Yes my car did have the optional exhaust (cat-back with two tips on the drivers side).

I thought it did have the Y-Pipe but wasn't 100% sure.

I'll just bolt on those headers then, and weld the old Y-Pipe to the new cat (106k).

sam

Post by sam » Sat Dec 16, 2000 7:04 am

On second thought, I looked at the SLP complete set-up and their header/package with Y-Pipe looks different than the aftermarket Y-Pipe they sell.

Is it possible the you can only use their headers with the supplied Y-Pipe and not their aftermarket one (made for stock exhaust manifolds)?

JoeA 94 Hawk #253

Post by JoeA 94 Hawk #253 » Sat Dec 16, 2000 1:13 pm

I'm fairly certain that the SLP Y-pipe which connects to the stock exhaust manifolds (like yours) is considerably different from the Y-pipe design which comes with their headers. A quick call to SLP would confirm this. Cheers,

Joe A. - '94 Firehawk #253