HIDs - PICS

Post your comments & questions

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

InfiniteReality

HIDs - PICS

Post by InfiniteReality » Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:44 am

Bought a 8000K HID kit for my car from a non-sponsored business. Paid $234 shipped for them. I already had the EuroLamps.com housings so I just swapped the H7 bulbs for some H7 HID capsules, mounted the ballast with double sided tape out of the way and the rest was just plug & play. I already had my wiring upgraded for the 70w Eurolamps bulbs. The difference with having HIDs is HUGE! I don't think I'll ever own a car without HIDs again. In attempt to describe it, it's like blacklight on the color of white. Everything just stands out way more and it's way easier on your eyes.

Here's a video I made and plenty of pics below that.

ImageClick here to see Video

SilverStars versus 8000K HIDs

8000K HID Low Beam & EuroLamps.Com 70w Halogen High Beam
2000 T/A Firehawk #102
LS1 Motorsports Lid, KB SFC, 3400 FR Stall, Tune, ORY, Ol' Lumpy Spoiler, QTEC, BMR Springs & STB, Blue Gauges, 8000K HIDs, 850+ LEDs

SoCal Firehawk

Post by SoCal Firehawk » Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:37 am

Where did you get the HID's from, could you pm me the information.

Mike

James_Montigny

Post by James_Montigny » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:12 am

That looks AMAZING!
Do they have one that fits 93-97 cars?

InfiniteReality

Post by InfiniteReality » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:54 am

Yep! Get some Hella housings and get an H4 HID kit and you'll be set. IMO, your 93-97 car will outshine any 98-02 f-body! I loved my Hella housings on my 93 and I didn't even have HIDs.
2000 T/A Firehawk #102
LS1 Motorsports Lid, KB SFC, 3400 FR Stall, Tune, ORY, Ol' Lumpy Spoiler, QTEC, BMR Springs & STB, Blue Gauges, 8000K HIDs, 850+ LEDs

James_Montigny

Post by James_Montigny » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:33 am

For those who were interested,
From Rallylights.com:

These are the headlights for your (93 firehawk). http://www.rallylights.com/hella/165mm_lo.asp

These headlamps are all halogen. If you plan to convert these to HID, that is illegal. You may do as you wish, but I just wanted to make you aware.

I do have true HID lamps that are designed for custom work, if interested.
I don't think I will go HID, but I will definitely look into the halogens.

InfiniteReality

Post by InfiniteReality » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:19 am

He always says that when anyone is interested in HID. Fact of the matter is according to state laws, ANY ALTERATION to ANY lighting (down to side marker lamps even) of your vehicle is ILLEGAL. So techincally, even converting to non-sealed beam housings is illegal. It's one of those BS laws that I have yet to find a cop who cares. My step-dad was a sgt. for the state police and I asked him what his input on my headlights were. He stated, "so many cars are coming from the factory with HIDs now-a-days, that we don't even bother with trying to find out if they're factory or aftermarket"

At any rate, Hella's have a VERY VERY distict cutoff on them that when the addition of HIDs, the housings would be a perfect match to them. I would put money on that they would rival factory HID systems in non-projector vehicles.

Now Eurolamps on the other hand sucks compared to the Hella housings cutoff. When I get $200 laying around, I will be purchasing the new 150mm Bosche housings from him. He told me that they are just as good as the Hella for the 93-97 F-bodies.

I also never get flashed with my HIDs, even in the eurolamps housings. I also have a 6000K on my Hayabusa and LOVE them! I will never drive with anything less than HIDs.
James_Montigny wrote:For those who were interested,
From Rallylights.com:

These are the headlights for your (93 firehawk). http://www.rallylights.com/hella/165mm_lo.asp

These headlamps are all halogen. If you plan to convert these to HID, that is illegal. You may do as you wish, but I just wanted to make you aware.

I do have true HID lamps that are designed for custom work, if interested.
I don't think I will go HID, but I will definitely look into the halogens.
2000 T/A Firehawk #102

Rotzy

Post by Rotzy » Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:05 pm

Very sweet. Nice clean install. I want some!
2002 T/A Firehawk #1245

02hawk943

Post by 02hawk943 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:24 pm

they look awesome, i definetly want em. pm some info. oh yea, i couldn't believe i heard the kottonmouth kings :D its nice to know another hawk owner is down for the krown.
2002 Trans Am Firehawk #0943
Artic White M6 IROC Spoiler
SLP LT's,Y, Loudmouth, Clutch, SFC's, Torque Arm, Flo-Pac, 160 t'stat, !CAGS!
Baer Eradispeed Rotors w/ Hawk Pads, BMR STB
Lots More....

InfiniteReality

Post by InfiniteReality » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:00 pm

02hawk943 wrote:they look awesome, i definetly want em. pm some info. oh yea, i couldn't believe i heard the kottonmouth kings :D its nice to know another hawk owner is down for the krown.
If I started fresh, I'd buy 2 lows of these:
http://www.rallylights.com/hella/150mm.asp

and get the HID H7 (I'd probably get a 6000K kit instead of a 8000K) kit from:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-H1-H ... dZViewItem

If you want to save a little $$$ go to:
www.eurolamps.com and get some housings from them. Not near the cutoff though.

Hell yeah!! KMK ROCK!!! I'm addicted to them! Same here, nice to see another fellow hawk owner that is down for the krown!!
2000 T/A Firehawk #102

Coleman

Re: HIDs - PICS

Post by Coleman » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:23 pm

InfiniteReality wrote:Bought a 8000K HID kit for my car from a non-sponsored business. Paid $234 shipped for them. I already had the EuroLamps.com housings so I just swapped the H7 bulbs for some H7 HID capsules, mounted the ballast with double sided tape out of the way and the rest was just plug & play. I already had my wiring upgraded for the 70w Eurolamps bulbs. The difference with having HIDs is HUGE! I don't think I'll ever own a car without HIDs again. In attempt to describe it, it's like blacklight on the color of white. Everything just stands out way more and it's way easier on your eyes.
Xenon light is really a useful things. It is %300 brighter then halogen light. I also installed HID in my car. And working good in dark night.