Dave: Real SLP Development Vehicle?

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

Firehawk

Dave: Real SLP Development Vehicle?

Post by Firehawk » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:54 am

Dave,

Any way for you to check to see if this is real or just a clone? A 1994 with, 1995 speedline rims, 97+ hood and intake and a LT4 seems kinda fishy.

1994 Formula FireHawk / SLP Development Vehicle

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0326480938

Thanks,

Brian

Dave Hamburger

Re: Dave: Real SLP Development Vehicle?

Post by Dave Hamburger » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:47 am

Fishy is right. For '93/'94 There were 3 development cars. Only one had a VIN and this does not match it. The other two were NAO cars and I watched them get shredded. All development work for the '97 LT4 car was done on a Camaro and not a Firehawk. Some GM engineers did manage to get their hands on Hoods for racing purposes and I'm sure some made up some stories such as this one to help embellish and sell a car. My records indicate that this is NOT an SLP test vehicle.

-Dave

Firehawk

Post by Firehawk » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:59 am

Thanks Dave!

Brian

02hawk796

Post by 02hawk796 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:18 am

Umm, for clarification?
This was not a test vehicle, but it is a real Firehawk? Is that correct?
2002 T/A Firehawk Convertible #0796 BlackEbonyBlack 6-spd, WI Plate "OH2 HAWK"
GM: TCS, Hurst, 12CD, Last of the Breed
SLP: Bilstein, Chromes, Cover, Floor Mats, Rear Deck Mat, Portfolio
SLP After: Skip-shift Eliminator, Customized Rear Deck Mat

Dave Hamburger

Post by Dave Hamburger » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:17 am

02hawk796 wrote:Umm, for clarification?
This was not a test vehicle, but it is a real Firehawk? Is that correct?
No, it's not a real Firehawk.

-Dave

PontiacFan

Post by PontiacFan » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:02 am

Is it possible that you don't have the complete records of the car?
The seller's response;

I appreciate the info, however, I was skeptical when I bought this car a few years back and I contacted Jim Mattison at PHS. He did a history on the car for me and showed that this vehicle went from GM to SLP originally,they had it for a few years, then to the guy at Pontiac whom I bought it from. He assures me this is exactly how he got the car from SLP. I then called SLP and they could not confirm 1 way or the other because they supposedly had a fire and lost some of their records.

Dave Hamburger

Post by Dave Hamburger » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:33 am

PontiacFan wrote:Is it possible that you don't have the complete records of the car?
The seller's response;

I appreciate the info, however, I was skeptical when I bought this car a few years back and I contacted Jim Mattison at PHS. He did a history on the car for me and showed that this vehicle went from GM to SLP originally,they had it for a few years, then to the guy at Pontiac whom I bought it from. He assures me this is exactly how he got the car from SLP. I then called SLP and they could not confirm 1 way or the other because they supposedly had a fire and lost some of their records.

All development vehicles were done in Detroit as we moved our OEM operations to Michigan at that point. I have the hard copies of all development vehicles, what was done, etc...

This vehicle is not in the records. I also have a complete VIN history of all vehicles that passed through SLP and once again, this vehicle is not listed. We did not supply Jim with records of the early cars, we only supplied him with info once he got involved with the Comp T/A program in mid-'95, so I call BS on the story of this vehicle. The few years line is the key BS to this story, we never kept vehicles, especially NAO vehicles which did not have a VIN and the cars were shredded thanks to timelines given to us by GM NAO on when NAO vehicles had to be turned in. Also, when an NAO vehicle was turned in to GM to be shredded, any and all SLP content was removed from the vehicle and the vehicle was put back to stock condition.