Hawk stolen

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

VBACHAWK

Hawk stolen

Post by VBACHAWK » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:25 pm

My beloved Hawk was stolen last night from a well lighted parking garage in Boulder. Cop says teams from Denver and Aurora are targeting Boulder to steal cars. She was locked. I was gone 4 hours. Filed a claim which has her listed as a "Firebird", so not only do I have the feeling that I will never see her again, but I know insurance will pay very little. I am heartbroken..............am looking on Craigslist and Ebay. Plate number is 554-NJV. She's red, damage to driver's side panel.

Pam Ellis
97Hawk

lakeratiam

Re: Hawk stolen

Post by lakeratiam » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:03 pm

Drat! 8O Sorry to hear such bad news. I really detest thieves! :evil: I'll keep an eye out for it when I'm on I-70 in case it makes it's way thru Kansas, my guess is that it's headed way south or already in a chop shop. :( Good luck with the insurance company. :roll: Good idea watching Craig's List and Ebay as the parts may start showing up there.
I'm EVERYWHERE Dragan! :lol:

Scott Chab

Post by Scott Chab » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:25 pm

Start gathering info on Firehawks (additional content and costs) as well as looking around for cars that would be considered a replacement - same year, similar mileage, similar options and condition, etc. and be ready to negotiate with your insurance company. I had to do the same thing when my wife's Lumina Z34 was totaled and I ended up getting $2500 more than the insurance company originally wanted to give us.

Good luck.
'94 Hawk #110
Back on the road helping me make bad decisions again

lakeratiam

Post by lakeratiam » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:52 pm

Scott makes a really good point. You don't just have to automatically accept the insurance company's first offer on what they want to pay. The more info on sales of similar year/mileage Hawks and dealer price adds for options on Hawks you can show them, the better off you will probably be.

BLACK-HAWK

Post by BLACK-HAWK » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:01 pm

sorry Pam! :( we can help you get info together also for the insurance. if all else fails, i have a sexy replacement for you ;)
2001#194 (Unicorn)

slphwk1

Post by slphwk1 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:48 am

I'm sorry to hear about your car I hope you can get it back. FWIW I had my insurance agent (State Farm) take pictures of the interior, mileage and exterior of our Hawks just in case. I made it clear to my agent that i wanted another Hawk if stolen and correct parts if wrecked all for a few extra dollars every 6 months. I know this doesn't help you now but thought I would put it out there for others. Good luck!
1994 A4 Formula Firehawk #181
2002 M6 Convertible Firehawk #199

brnmw

Post by brnmw » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:24 am

I HATE THIEVES! :evil:

The chances are not likely but I usually keep an eye out for specialty cars out on the road anyways, hopefully being here in South Texas if they try to take it down the I-35 to Mexico and by the grace of God I actually see it I will be sure to contact police... really is about all I can hope for, lots of Red T/A's around here (needle in a haystack)... everyone is going to be wondering why I am going after every Red T/A. ;)

Good luck and sorry for your loss.

snivley

Post by snivley » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:39 pm

:evil: I hope you get it back and they rot in he--. Really sorry!

VBACHAWK

Post by VBACHAWK » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:42 pm

sorry Pam! we can help you get info together also for the insurance. if all else fails, i have a sexy replacement for you

Appreciate that ! I have worked for Allstate (my carrier) and sold GM cars, so I think I have a good chance at getting the most out of it. I bought a 2013 Nissan Altima yesterday. Very impressed, a little zip and far more technology than I will ever master ! New job and will be saving for the next Firehawk purchase. I am determined !

I have a sexy replacement for you..........

Thanks, but I think a Firehawk I can actually drive would be better :naughty:

Pam Ellis
Former Firehawk owner (damn, that hurts)

lakeratiam

Post by lakeratiam » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:08 pm

VBACHAWK wrote:sorry Pam! we can help you get info together also for the insurance. if all else fails, i have a sexy replacement for you

Appreciate that ! I have worked for Allstate (my carrier) and sold GM cars, so I think I have a good chance at getting the most out of it. I bought a 2013 Nissan Altima yesterday. Very impressed, a little zip and far more technology than I will ever master ! New job and will be saving for the next Firehawk purchase. I am determined !

I have a sexy replacement for you..........

Thanks, but I think a Firehawk I can actually drive would be better :naughty:

Pam Ellis
Former Firehawk owner (damn, that hurts)
Where is the "Like" button when you need it?! :lol:

sleepinghawk

Post by sleepinghawk » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:13 pm

Very sorry to hear. I sure hope you find your Hawk!
Fquick Page
My Cardomain site

2002 Trans am FireHawk #1426

BLACK-HAWK

Post by BLACK-HAWK » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:38 pm

Pam Ellis
still Firehawk owner at heart
fixed it for you Pam ,<3
2001#194 (Unicorn)