2002 Sunset Orange Metallic Trans Am Firehawk

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

2002 red hawk

Re: 2002 Sunset Orange Metallic Trans Am Firehawk

Post by 2002 red hawk » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:51 am

Got the personalized plate in & I am not happy with it. https://imgur.com/Vmgd6JI The 2s are stupid looking. I have been taking pictures of various cars license plates & they all have old school 2s on them. Going to the DMV in April, my next vacation, with my phone pix & asking why my tag is different. I've got a 2 on my ws6 plate & it is old school. WTF?

2002 red hawk

Post by 2002 red hawk » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:16 pm

Well, an update on my personalized plate dilemma. As previously stated, I took my phone to the DMV to enquire as to why my 2s are different. They told me the 2s font had to be changed so the toll booth cameras could read them clearly. Evidently they couldn't read the old 2s. Seems to me, with the advent of high resolution cameras, why wouldn't they have the latest hi res cameras to take crystal clear pictures? As we all know the government loves to spend, aka waste, taxpayer's money, so why can't they have cameras that can read the speedometer as it passes through? While there, I ordered a new personalized tag to replace the old one. It finally came in & I didn't like it as much as the old one. The old one stays on the car. 1st choice is usually the best.

BLACK-HAWK

Post by BLACK-HAWK » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:04 am

If the DMV is making you change it they better be the ones paying for it. it's not your fault their cameras are terrible. And if their camera can't see it how did they find you? so they can actually see it. I think it's a chicken sh__ excuse considering how many people pass those cameras on any given day and they came after you. more than likely someone must have gotten ''offended" by the plate and reported it.
2001#194 (Unicorn)

3 birds

Post by 3 birds » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:24 pm

Looking for custom Firehawk decal package. My Sunset Hawk is slated for the paint booth next month in September. My usual guy must have changed phone #s, so I cannot contact him. Anyway, I am looking for dark charcoal metallic, tilde unknown yet. Would consider another dark metallic color.

PontiacFan

Post by PontiacFan » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:26 am

3 Birds, ..., see reply in your other thread post.