26th Annual Firehawk Rally - CANCELED

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

Firehawk

26th Annual Firehawk Rally - CANCELED

Post by Firehawk » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:51 am

The 26th Annual Firehawk Rally has been canceled due to our hosting event being canceled:

http://www.pontiacnationals.com
Dear Pontiac Fans,

The 29th annual Ames Performance Tri-Power Pontiac Nationals, scheduled for July 31st, August 1st and 2nd of 2020, at Summit Racing Equipment Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio, has been cancelled.

Due to the uncertainty of continued corona-virus restrictions, we will not be able to provide the level of service and entertainment our fans have come to expect. We deeply regret having to make this decision and wish that we could run the event as scheduled.

For the past 28 years, Super Duty Promotions, Ames Performance, and Summit Motorsports Park have strived to bring the Pontiac enthusiast community the best opportunity to participate, and socialize, with all our Pontiac friends. The requirements for social distancing could not be met without severely restricting the number of participants who would be allowed to attend, and this is simply not an acceptable situation.

We will announce the 2021 dates at PontiacNationals.com and on our Facebook page, when we have them. As of this date, Summit Motorsports Park does not have permission to open. See our website for additional information regarding advanced sales for 2021, or refunds for the 2020 event.

Sincerely,

Pete & Andi Woodruff

Super Duty Promotions, Ltd.
I had been holding out posting hotel and dinner information until I got word one way or another.

I hope everybody stays safe and healthy and we will see everybody in 2021 for sure.

Brian

Maplehawk

Re: 26th Annual Firehawk Rally - CANCELED

Post by Maplehawk » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:34 pm

Looking ahead to 2021, not certain what days the Pontiac Nationals might fall on.

These type of unexpected events is why last year I was determined to attend regardless of the condition of my car or personal circumstances. Glad I did..
Mac Logan
1992 Firehawk #05
1995 Firehawk #C04
2018 Mercedes-Benz C300 Wagon
Proud Member - Firehawk Association of America
Author of Firehawk - Fiercest of the Firebirds

FIRSTLAST

Post by FIRSTLAST » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:21 pm

Only a small minority of people are masking. Not the folks coming here from the Illinois,a closed down state.

So this pandemic just keeps going because we are only hitting like 2 to 4% of exposed, and it takes 60% exposed for herd immunity. And then you compound what we fail to understand, with Naval staff who were infected, getting re-infected in their claustrophobic work spaces on aircraft carrier. Why would herd immuity work if the virus has morphed into 40 some strains as Wuhan research has shown.

12 months won't change this. If we cannot social distance and mask, why would 2021 be any more safe?

Coughers working front line jobs here, have masks under their chin. BUT they are complying with Caseys or Walmart or other store name of choice rules. And the in summer period, the southern hemisphere leads the world in stats, disproving this virus is seasonal.

I will miss sitting 6 foot from you all while I repeatedly ask, "you said WHAT? I can't hear you!"
2002 Firehawk 1111 NBM

redhawk

Post by redhawk » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:02 pm

Darn! Just saw this. Can't say it was unexpected. Hoping things get better before next year.
2002 Trans Am Firehawk Vert #25 Red w/Ebony Interior w/M6 1 of 19 built
2002 Trans Am Firehawk T-top #162 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Camel Interior 1 of 7
1978 Trans Am Martinique Blue w/Black Deluxe Interior Owned since 7/82