94 Firehawk production theory

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

bradfries

94 Firehawk production theory

Post by bradfries » Tue May 25, 2021 7:40 pm

So recently came across a 94 Firehawk labeled as a Firehawk XE because it was a Lingenfelter car the owner sent to them for their 383 stroker engine and had some aftermarket Eagle wheels and front and rear lip and the old testarossa style side molding. But I digress. So when looking through the documentation I saw a piece of paper from an attorney who was guaranteed by SLP there would only be 500 cars made that year. Apparently the people who ordered the cars were ready to sue if production numbers went over 500 because it would ruin the value of the car. So my interest was peaked because 94 was an odd year. There were cars late in production that are verified R6V cars with the same car number. On top of that there were a few pilot car Formulas and a few pilot Trans Ams. I’m not sure why there are 10 pilot Trans Ams built my only guess is because of the Comp T/A the following year but unsure of that. What I’m getting at is I believe SLP purposely built the same number cars and multiple pilot cars so they would not go over the 500 maximum since lawyers were already preparing a lawsuit if they did. Anyway maybe you guys have some info on this and could fill me in on this theory of mine.

Also if I could share pictures I would share the letters but I don’t see the option.

8 is enough

Re: 94 Firehawk production theory

Post by 8 is enough » Wed May 26, 2021 10:42 pm

What is your email address? I will send you my phone number. I have a pilot car and some info that may help answer some questions.
1994 Yellow Firehawk Trans am Pilot Car #003

bradfries

Re: 94 Firehawk production theory

Post by bradfries » Thu May 27, 2021 12:13 am