FR27 Update - Good/Bad News

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

Firehawk

FR27 Update - Good/Bad News

Post by Firehawk » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:27 pm

Just wanted to give everybody an update on the 27th Annual Firehawk Rally.

Good News

I have talked to Super Duty Promotions and everything is look good for this year with the car show. Looking like a good turn out this year as well.

Bad News

I talked to the host hotel on Friday and they are unable to do the dinner this year because the restaurant has not yet opened due to COVID.

My Plan

Next week I am going to try to find another venue, but with such short notice I have a feeling it is not going to happen. I am also going to see if we can make reservation at restaurant for a large group. We might have to break up in to groups of 6-8 as they might not be taking really large groups.

As of right now I have not cashed any checks for those that have sent in registration (something told me to just wait a bit). My plan is to not cash those and return them at the show and just have you pay the FAOA registration fee at the show.

For those that paid via PayPal, I will refund the dinner portion back to you next weekend.

I will post again next weekend to let everybody know what is happening.

Brian

Firehawk

Re: FR27 Update - Good/Bad News

Post by Firehawk » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:03 pm

Great News!

Just found a catering company to do handle the dinner on short notice. We have booked the room at the hotel and they will be bringing in the food.

While Mac can not make the dinner this year, he is trying to line up a guess speaker for us. One of SLP employees who has spoke at the dinner before. Cross your fingers! :)

Brian