Sea-fuax-m

Post your comments & questions

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

Hawk40

Sea-fuax-m

Post by Hawk40 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:12 pm

Decided to seafoam my hawk last weekend. I added it to the fuel, poured it in the oil, and added to intake via brake booster vacuum.

Let me say, i'm dissapointed. I had hoped i would pick up a difference in the seat-of-pants-ometer...but nothing...

before you guys even start....i followed the "how to seafoam" guide found on LS1tech.com to a T.

guessing by amount of smoke, or lack there of....maybe someone seafoamed this car 10k miles ago...ive only had it since november and thats why i didnt notice the recovery of any extra ponies. some people have made it sound like there is a black cloud of doom when they seafoamed..but i had very little white smoke that lasted about 3 or 4 min...then a larger puff when i took it for a 'spirited drive'. What i did notice was the oil being super black when i changed...but then again, that oil had 2k miles on it when i added the seafoam....so it may have been black anyways.

neways, just giving my 2 cents about seafoam...like theres not enough threads out there about that stuff...
'94 Hawk #040
MSD Vented Opti | MSD Blaster Coil | MSD 8.5mmSC's
SLP Aluminum DS | SLP Ram Air | SLP Fiberglass hood
Pacesetter LT's | 3" ORY | SLP TOTL | !EGR | !AIR
http://www.fquick.com/hawk40

Rotzy

Post by Rotzy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:47 pm

I seafoamed my 94 GMC Jimmy at about 150,000 miles..... Quite a cloud of smoke for quite a long time. I did my dad's 03 Blazer @ 70,000 and he had nothing. I can only assume that his newer vehicle (and perhaps your well cared for hawk) simply didn't have that much gunk to be cleaned out.

Of course, what do I know?
2002 T/A Firehawk #1245